Mindfulness for Children (3-10) - Yoga
Our one (1) hour Mindfulness for Children Yoga Classes are designed to clear and empower young minds, and provide each child with the focused learnings, confidence, healthy curiosity, and knowledge to navigate their day-to-day with love, positivity, and joy.
In this class, we will cover:
ConnectionThrough connection and reflection exercises, we’ll help them forge more meaningful associations with events, people and their own emotions;
Yoga posesFun on the mat! We’ll improve strength, balance and coordination - all elements for a healthy core, inside and outside - through easy poses they’ll want to try again at home.
NatureIn a calming and gentle Zen Walk meditation, we’ll ignite their inner creativity, self-expression and curiosity and reinforce the positive benefits of being in nature;
BreathingThrough breathing, meditation, and gratitude practices, every child’s focus will pivot inward, teaching them calm and stillness during feelings of fear, frustration and anger.
Why Yoga for Children?
Yoga not only builds healthy minds for learning and development, but it provides each child with a positive worldview. That the world is a place of wonder. That happiness and harmony can be found when you just breathe. And that when you find calm and see the light side of life, you feel happier, more joy, and better equipped to cope with the stresses of each day.
Other benefits include:
- A healthier mind for learning and development.
- Heightened self-awareness, body-awareness, mindfulness and focus.
- Techniques for better self-control and the skill to harmonise, help others and the environment.
- Empowered and responsible for their own self-development.
- Authentic connections with other like-minded children.
- Compassion for themselves and others.
- Strengthened emotional intelligence.
- Confidence in their self-image.
- The skill to look at things from different perspectives.
- A healthy alternative over the constant attachment to electronic devices.
- Confidence in their new mindful practice, and the ability to practice their new Yoga techniques anywhere.
All classes are hosted by Jacqueline Yeats, a holistic wellness coach at Finding Your Peace in Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast. Please note all of our classes are currently full. Please contact us via the contact page to go on the waitlist.
Jacqueline holds a Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy, a Bachelor in Psychology and Behaviour Management and is also a Level 2 Yoga Teacher with Peace Yoga, Burleigh Heads, QLD. She has completed a myriad in trainings in the field of Mindfulness, Grief and Loss, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Logotherapy, Counselling, Community Management, Youth Work, Health Coaching, Yin Yoga, Life Force Yoga (yoga for depression and anxiety), Palliative Care, and Journey Work (Brandon Bays).