Why Mindfulness for children?
Adults are not the only ones who feel the stresses of the modern world. In fact, current mental health statistics suggest that our children and youth today feel more stressed than their previous generations.
Teaching our children to unwind, see the world beyond the gadgets and become emotionally smarter have shown to provide phenomenal results, with a few minutes a day dedicated to mindfulness showing significant improvements for their physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
We believe the practice of mindfulness should be accessible and attainable. From breathing techniques to self-awareness exercises, it is our hope that our teachings and products can serve as a gentle reminder to take a few moments a day to look inwards, and foster a calmness and clarity of mind for years to come.
Some of the core benefits of Mindfulness for children include:
- Increased ability to relax
- Better immunity
- Increase in overall wellbeing
- Increase in physical well being
- Increased positive regard and affect
- Increase in positive daily functioning
- Improved mood
- Greater self-awareness
- Improvement in sleep
- New tools to deal with negative thoughts and emotions
- Learn to take time out to just be
- Great self-acceptance
- Increased compassion to self and others
- Increased ability to observe feelings and emotions
- Less reactive
- Less self-judgement of self and others
- Better ability to cope in stressful situations